Tuesday, April 03, 2007

No, I Didn't Forget I Have A Blog...

I've been super busy taking certification tests (passed both) and applying for grad school. I haven't really had time to check in, and I'm starting to see the quandry that some of my blogging friends have run into...there's never enough time.

But I'm making time tonight because of...Sanjaya! OMG, the kid is, well, how do I put this gently?

HE SUCKETH MUCHO.

Okay, maybe that was too harsh. He doesn't suck -- in fact, I venture that if I were in high school with him, we'd be chorus friends. He'd do vocal jazz, the musicals, variety show, etc. He'd be the center of chorus drama, and after fights, we'd make up by braiding his hair. Point is, he's got a decent voice.

But if you are Sanjaya, and you're competing on American Idol -- Melinda Doolittle and Jordin Sparks are the better singers on the ladies side, IMHO, while Blake Lewis is the total package -- you have to bring your "A" game. Making a girl say "aw, shucks" doesn't make you the next American Idol. Or at least it shouldn't.

I totally feel for the kid, I really do. I cringe every time he performs -- because I'm hoping for the best but expecting the worst, and then the trainwreck happens.

Compare the following to Sanjaya's performance of "Bathwater" last week, and tell me you don't agree -- Sanjaya's small potatoes.

No comments: