Thursday, January 25, 2007

SNOW!!!

I saw snow!

Not flurries, like actual snow. Like powder snow. Pretty snow.

It snowed the entire time I was in Ann Arbor. Five freaking days straight. And normally I hate snow -- here in New York, it's pretty for first 15 minutes and then it becomes a nuisance. Then the streets gets salted and the snow gets pushed around, and it becomes ugly.

But in Ann Arbor, the snow fell gently. Miniscule snowballs of powder, versus the downpour slush flakes that I'm used to. Even after the streets there were salted, the snow remained white. The sullied snow vanished, it seemed, into thin air.

Maybe it's that lake effect stuff I always here them mention on the news, or maybe it's the fact that I'll tolerate snow in Ann Arbor because I really like Ann Arbor. It reminds me of Georgetown, without the money and the pretentiousness. And without the closed campus.

Unfortunately, I'll probably never live there. I found out last weekend that the University doesn't really hire it's own graduates, so there's no way the boyfriend will get a job there after he graduates. Oddly enough, he mentioned the possibility of wanting to go back to Georgetown to teach.

It's funny how things come full circle.

SNOW!!

No comments: